Monday, November 19, 2018

Two-fer!

Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah


There are odd bits of wood and string on my counter, glue and clamps next to the stove, the soldering iron is on the kitchen table, and the sandpaper is next to the fruit bowl.  What’s going on here?
I’ve moved the whole operation into the house for the winter!

So, perhaps I should back up a bit.

I’ve got the 'no workshop' blues…

For almost a year now my workshop has been in disarray.  I dismantled everything so that I could insulate the space (and be able to work year-round) and then ran out of money and time with the project.  So now I have a space that is mostly unusable for guitar building.  Especially now that there is snow on the ground.  But I still have guitars to build.  What to do?
I dub this kitchen counter, “Workbench.”

Now, what’s on the burners?

Something shiny this way comes


Earlier this year I asked my son what he wanted for his birthday.  He said, “A gold guitar!”
No, my son isn’t into Liberace (to all the Millennials – go ask your parents).  I think this is where Ninjago, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh comingle (to all the Boomers – go ask your kids).

Also, last Christmas, my wife bought me a ukulele kit from StewMac.  So, I have two irons in the fire (never mind the one that is patiently waiting on top of my fridge).

So, here we go:

  1. Building a Mini-Tele
  2. Building a Ukulele


No comments: