Monday, March 23, 2015

2.0 - It's about time...

Wow.
It has been seven years since I last updated this blog.  In internet terms that's like 27 dog years or something.

I'm ashamed to say - I never did any of the things I said I was going to do in my last post.  I never talked about the finishing details of building the Tele, I haven't posted any sound samples, and I haven't kept up with the site in general.

I am not ashamed to say that the guitar is still smokin' to this day.  It sounds great, plays great and looks (weathered) but good.  It has been my number 1 guitar for the last seven years.  And is only now getting a bit of a rest as I reacquaint myself with the rest of my collection.

The process of building a guitar and then playing it was very positive.  Perhaps a little too positive...

What, you may be asking, have I done with my time?  Well, I've started a couple more builds:

http://jlapsteel.blogspot.com/
This was a lapsteel build.  I finished the build but not the blog.

http://jerrysacoustic.blogspot.com/ 
This was an acoustic guitar build .  I finished the build and the blog.

http://jerrys12.blogspot.com/
This was a 12-string semi-hollowbody electric guitar build.  This build stalled.  Partly because I was reaching a bit beyond my abilities but mostly because I became a father and I strangely didn't have as much free time as I used to.  Odd, isn't it...?

So, it's been four years since I've worked on a guitar - and that seems too long.
There's a hole in my life.  One that can only be filled with frustration, aggravation, and the eventual triumph of sandpaper.

It's time to unpack the wood glue, tune up the table saw, fire up that router, and continue the game of chicken with my remaining digits.

Can you smell that?  It's the fragrance of sawdust in the air.

Let's build some guitars!

No comments: